Have you ever wondered why some Colorado business owners refer to their storefront window signs as an “investment” rather than an expense?
The truth is that if your sign isn’t generating a profit, you’re doing something wrong. There’s plenty of evidence out there that shows storefront window signs have the power to drive sales, convert prospects, and increase foot traffic for your business, so long as the design and installation are on-point.
But don’t take our word for it. Today’s post shares some eye-opening storefront window sign stats that you’ll need to see to believe. Read on to learn about the empirical sales-boosting power of quality storefront displays, courtesy of the Marvel Custom Signs team.
A 2011 study by BrandSpark International found that:
- Consumers infer quality from signage. In simpler terms, that means your sign is a reflection of your business, and quite often, your storefront window signs are all the prospect has to build the first impression of your brand. Investing in quality storefront window signs means investing in your brand reputation.
- Signage trumps radio, internet, and newspaper advertising, according to new research from the UC’s Lindner College of Business, which synthesized consumer surveys from all 50 states. On average, storefront window signs cost $0.02 per one-thousand impressions, whereas a 300-line newspaper ad cost about $2.81 per thousand impressions. That makes storefront window signs about 140x more cost-effective than traditional print advertisements.Additionally, signage outperforming online ads is an incredible revelation, considering the weight that most business owners ascribe to internet advertising in 2020. Though people are spending more time surfing the web than ever before, storefront window signs are still king when it comes to generating actionable impressions and establishing your brand authority.
- More than half of the population has driven by a business they intended to visit due to signage communication failures. That means prominent storefront window signs can directly increase your sales by serving this valuable wayfinding function.The following year, the FedEx Office Survey published findings of how standout signs contribute to sales. In regards to storefront window signs, they found that:
- Storefront window signs increase in-store traffic. Roughly eight in 10 (76 percent) American consumers indicated that they had entered a store they have never visited before based purely on its signs.
- Storefront window sign visibility is positively correlated to your business sales. Nearly 7 out of 10 (68 percent) consumers purchased a product or service because a sign caught their eye.
- Storefront window signs set your products and services up for success. Echoing findings from the BrandSpark International study, FedEx researchers found that about 68% of consumers believe that a business’ signage reflects the quality of its products or services. Thus, if you want to “prime” your buyers for positive reactions to your sales, products, and services, try making a strong impression with quality signage.
Free Storefront Window Sign Quote
Marvel Custom Signs is a veteran-owned business that proudly serves Conifer, Indian Hills, Ken Caryl, Highlands Ranch, Englewood, Morrison, Lakewood, Evergreen, Columbine, and the surrounding areas. Additionally, as a Signworld partner, we offer shipping nationwide.
We offer a wide range of storefront window signs, all of which are available in any shape or size and 100% customizable.
Start your free consultation now by calling 303-537-5659 or using the Marvel Custom Signs’ Request a Consultation page.